Available Position Details
Designer / Checker
Project Consulting Services, Inc., an engineering and project management firm specializing in the development of oil and gas pipeline systems, is recruiting a Designer/Checker for our office in Metairie, LA.
As a support to our project efforts, our designers/checkers interface with our CADD, engineering and project management personnel to assist in providing a complete source of details needed for permitting, engineering and construction. These functions provide clients with innovative maps, conceptual details, detailed construction and as-built drawings. Types of drawings may include piping, structural P&ID's, mapping and pipelines. Our services provide an adequate diversity to accomplish any range of tasks to support our project needs.
- Ability to integrate as part of a project team.
- Self-motivated with ability to identify detail requirements for project assignments.
- Ability to evaluate data to prepare project details.
- Ability to assist in the development of drawings of components and assemblies with sectional profiles and small or intricate details with a high degree of precision.
- Sufficient knowledge of fabrication and construction practices to assist in the preparation of detailed drawings.
- Knowledge of materials with the ability to prepare detailed descriptions of materials for Bill of Materials and Procurement.
- Ability to conduct site visits (onshore and offshore) to obtain information to assist with design and drawing development.
- Possess ability to work with various drafting standards necessary to develop detailed drawings in a complete, consistent and accurate format.
- AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Consideration will be given for all levels of experience.
Email Resume to:
Apply for this Job
Follow the button below to submit your application for this position.Go to Application Form