Available Position Details
Electrical & Instrumentation Design Engineer
Project Consulting Services, Inc., (PCS) is recruiting an Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I)Design Engineer for our office in Metairie, LA. PCS is an Engineering and Project ManagementConsulting Firm specializing in the development of oil and gas pipeline systems, truck loading facilities, and pump/compressor facilities.
Our firm, staffed with registered professional engineers, designers, and construction specialists,provides custom designs, offering our clients innovative, economical, and installable pipelinesand related facilities.
This position will be responsible for providing technical engineering expertise and projectsupport for the design, engineering, construction, installation, and operation of pipelines and related facilities. Projects range from technical analysis to economic studies of cost, operation,and safety aspects of projects.
The level of project involvement may extend from development of preliminary concepts to the engineering support of construction activities. Project environments will vary among areas throughout the United States, including onshore and offshore.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Perform work that involves both conventional and emerging engineering practices and techniques, but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, suitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Implement changes to work scope as required by project management and project engineer.
- Support design and construction engineering activities for the electrical and instrumentation related project(s) assigned, in accordance with the Company and/or Client standards.
- Design pipeline systems, including pump/compressor facilities.
- Development of project specific specifications, design calculation, power and control analysis, and procurement specification & material engineering.
- Work closely with field personnel on all aspects of engineering, design, operations and maintenance.
- Review and evaluate work to ensure quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Stay current with the industry codes and standards.
- Facilitate or support collaboration and coordination of activities with other departments and offices.
The responsibilities noted above only provide a broad overview of the potential for assignments. Tools and resources are available to our engineers for analyzing problems suchas control valve sizing, power system analysis, instrument specifications, etc.
- Electrical and Instrumentation disciplines only.
- Must be licensed/registered as a Professional Engineer with the ability to be licensed/registered in multiple states.
- Prefer candidates with prior industry engineering design experience; however, all levels of experience will be considered.
- Prefer six and above years of progressively responsible engineering; however, all levels of experience will be considered.
- Experience in SKM and/or ETAP preferred but not required.
- Experience in Arc Flash Hazard Analysis preferred but not required.
- Engineering expertise and comprehensive knowledge of related fields, including applicable industry codes and regulations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Company’s employees, clients and industry representatives.
- Ability to support complex design and construction projects concurrently, to analyze engineering data and develop effective solutions, and to prepare technical reports.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize engineering functions with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Must be highly motivated, good team player, customer oriented and have the ability to learn outside of own discipline.
- Independent judgment; strong analytical skills.
- Commitment to a standard of quality
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, engineering, and support personnel required.
E-mail Resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website: www.projectconsulting.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this Job
Follow the button below to submit your application for this position.Go to Application Form